1) 51,784 people have been cured of covid19 in the country. The rate of recovery has further improved to 41.37%.
2) Health Ministry says there are 7.9 covid19 patients per 100,000 people. Death rate in the country is 3.2%. The Ministry also said that India’s recovery figures are among the best in the world; even surpassing advance countries that have better health care facilities.
3) Niti Aayog says India has been successful in slowing the spread of coronavirus in the country due to the nation wide lockdown.
4) Sikkim, the only state in the country that has not reported a single covid19 case, since the pandemic outbreak in India; is set to open schools and colleges on 13th June.
5) Booking of tickets for air services from 25th May have started. Many states have said that domestic passengers would need to be in home quarantine.
6) Prime Minister Modi assures that centre would provide all necessary assistance to West Bengal and Odisha. The two states have been battered by super cyclone Amphan. Prime Minister said the cyclone at the time of the covid19 pandemic has added to the problems of the people. Rebuilding efforts are on in both states.
7) 850 foreign nationals who had attended the Tableeghi Jamaat congregation in Delhi in March have been questioned by the Delhi Police. 916 Jamaatis are still in quarantine centres.
8) The Maldives has rejected Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) move to censure India over Islamophobia. The Maldives said the allegation is “factually incorrect”. It further said, India is home to more than 200 million Muslims. Such aspirations could affect harmony in South Asia, Male has said.
9) US has said that China’s National Security Law to deal with protests in HongKong is against the people. The move could further deteriorate US-China ties.
10) NASA has given approval for a manned crew of the Space X to be launched on May 27th.