1) 71,106 people have recovered from covid19 in India. The highest number of 3414 people have recovered in the last 24 hours.
2) The recovery rate in the country has improved to 42.75%. In Punjab the recovery rate is 90%.
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to US President Trump and discussed issues of mutual interest and the global covid19 situation.
4) Principal Scientific Advisor to the government Prof K Vijay Raghavan has said 30 groups in India are trying to develop coronavirus vaccine.
5) India has dismissed Pakistan Foreign Ministry’s statement on the construction of the Ram temple in Ayodhya. India said Pakistan should instead concentrate on the welfare of its own minority communities. The minorities in that country are facing discrimination even during the covid19 pandemic.
6) The US National Guard has been deployed in the city of Minneapolis, after violent clashes following the custodial death of a black man. The 4 accused policemen have been fired. Calls for adding murder charge on the 4 is growing.
7) The death rate in Moscow has doubled in the past 1 month. Russia has the second highest number of covid19 cases in the world.
8) US has once again challenged Chinese claims on the South China Sea. A US warship USS Mustin has sailed near the Paracel islands, which Beijing claims as its own territory.
9) The English and Italian football league matches to resume from 17th June. The decision of allowing spectators in stadia is yet to be taken.
10) Cricket Australia has said that T20 world cup schedule is under ‘very high risk’ of being postponed.