1) Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address the nation at 4 PM today over national radio and television. The Prime Minister’s address comes in the backdrop of Unlock 2 and the recent activities in eastern Ladakh.
2) 334,822 people have recovered from covid19 in the country. In the past 24 hours, 13,099 patients have recovered in India. National recovery rate is above 59%.
Delhi has registered a recovery rate of 66% with more than 56,000 recoveries out of 85,161 total cases.
3) 210,292 tests for covid19 were conducted in the last 24 hours. More than 90 lakh tests have been done in the country since the pandemic outbreak.
4) 2 terrorists have been killed by security forces in Anantnag, Jammu & Kashmir. In Bijbehera, in a search operation to flush out terror modules 2 terrorists were killed.
5) Pakistan has once again violated the ceasefire in Naugam sector, Baramulla district. Pakistan resorted to heavy firing with mortars. India has responded to the ceasefire violation.
6) Corp Commander level talks between India and China are presently on at Chushul, Ladakh. This is the third time talks are taking place since the stand-off began in eastern Ladakh.
7) Unlock 2 to begin from tomorrow. Many restrictions have been further eased. Night curfew to remain from 10PM to 5AM. More train and air services to resume in a calibrated manner.
8) International air services, metro rail, all educational institutions, gyms, swimming pools, cinema halls, political and religious gatherings will remain banned till 31st July.
9) The Concession Agreement for the 600 MW Kholongchu hydroelectric power project has been signed by India and Bhutan. This is expected to lead to more cooperation in power sector between the two countries.
10) WHO to send a team to China to investigate origins and spread of coronavirus.