1) President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the “Dharma Chakra” day at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The day commemorates the first sermon of Lord Buddha to his first disciples at Sarnath.
2) Addressing the virtual Buddhism Conference, Prime Minister said the world is going through difficult times. Teachings of Buddha, would lead us towards the right path.
3) Prime Minister Modi addressing Indian troops at Nimmu in Ladakh said that the era of expansionism is over. Prime Minister paid tributes to the martyrs of Galwan.
4) The Indian Prime Minister visited the hospital, where injured Indian soldiers from the June 15th violent face-off are being treated. He said the entire country is proud of our forces and their valour is unparalleled.
5) Following Prime Minister Modi’s visit to the forward areas of Ladakh, a rattled Pakistan called a meeting of its National Security Council. Pakistan has been repeatedly violating ceasefire at the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu & Kashmir.
6) 394,227 people have recovered from coronavirus in the country till now. In the last 24 hours; 14,235 people recovered. The recovery rate is above 60%.
7) 242,383 tests were conducted for covid19 in the country in the last 24 hours. Till now over 98 lakh tests have been conducted.
8) Japan has said that it “opposes any unilateral attempts to change the status quo at the Line of Actual Control (LAC). India and Japan are strategic partners.
9) Brazil has seen a huge spike in covid19 cases. 1.5 million cases have been reported from the Latin American country. More than 978,600 people have recovered and over 63,000 people have succumbed to the virus till now.
10) US has sent 2 nuclear powered aircraft carriers to the South China Sea for exercises for a “free and open Indi-Pacific”.